logo logoword
栏目图片

The historical origin of the Lion Forest

2018-05-09

The lion forest was built in the Yuan Dynasty. In 1341 ad, the monk, such as Zen master, came to Suzhou to lecture and was praised by his disciples. In the two year (1342), the disciples bought the land and set up the house as the Zen master. In order to commemorate his master, the Zen master was named "the master Lin" in honor of his master in the West Tianmu Mountain, Zhejiang, because of his master's peak and monk. It is also known as a lion, as well as a lion, as well as a "Lion Forest" in the garden. The highest peak in the garden is "Lion Peak", and other famous peaks such as "Hui" and "puke". The building has "Li Xue Tang", "lying cloud room", "referring to Bai Xuan", "ask plum Pavilion" and so on. In the garden, there are many bamboos in the bamboo garden, where the Abbot's Buddhist temple is built. When the garden was completed, many poets and painters came to this place to take part in Zen. The famous words are: the lion forest map of Zhu Derun, the panorama of Lion Forest banners by Ni Zan (Yunlin), and Xu Ben's "Lion Forest twelve attractions map". (Ni Zan and Xu Ben's paintings were collected by the royal family in the Qing Dynasty. Lion woods became famous since the end of Yuan Dynasty and early Ming Dynasty.

After the death of the Zen master, the disciples dispersed and the temple garden became deserted. Ming Wanli in seventeen years (1589), the Ming Dynasty monk was in Changan, rebuilding Lion Forest Temple, Buddhist temple, reappearance of prosperity. During the period of Kangxi, the temple was separated from the garden, and later bought by Huang Xizhi's father and Huang Xing Zu, the governor of Heng state. In the Qing Dynasty Qianlong thirty-six years (1771), Huang Xi high school champion, refined the mansion, rebuilt the courtyard, named "five pine garden". In the middle of the Qing Dynasty, the family of Huang's family declined, and the garden was tilting. In 1917, Bei Runsheng, the great merchant of Shanghai, bought the lion forest from Li Zhongyu, the master of the world's famous architect, Ieoh Ming Pei. It spent 800 thousand silver yuan in the hands of the civil affairs chief. It spent nearly seven years refurbishing, adding some of the scenic spots, and crowding the old name of "Lion Forest", and the lion forest was temporarily covered with Su city. The original name of Bain was open, but failed because of the outbreak of the war of resistance against Japan. After Bei Runsheng died in 1945, lion forest was managed by sun Bei Huang. After the liberation, the later generations donated the garden to the state. The gardening administration of Suzhou took over the renovation and was opened to the public in 1954.


Links: The master-of-nets Garden | Canglang Ting | Humble Administrator Garden| Shi Hu| Feng qiao| Suzhou Botanical Garden| Couple’s Gadren| Tin Ping Shan| star Su network| Suzhou Garden and Greenery Authority

隔断

备案

苏ICP备16034185号-1    Suzhou City lion forest management office

Technical support:Suzhou Su Heng network science and technology limited company    Tel:0512-62992190